Wednesday, November 6, 2013

teacher vs. mama

It is no wonder that often I am caught between being a mother and being a teacher. I have said many times that I can not do both well at the same time. One day I'm a great teacher and I am frustrated and yelling at my own children. The next day, it flips. This is not something that I am proud of, but it has been my reality for a while.

Now picture my lovely children coming home with homework and looking at me like I have 6 horns growing outta my head when I ask them to do certain skill that I know full well are best practice . Brenden HATES the fact that I am a teacher! He and I have struggled with this fact. WELL, today was amazing! I picked him up, we came home and he did homework while I cooked dinner. There was no yelling and no eye rolling...by either of us. He finished his spelling, math, and journal (2 days early) without a single problem!!! I am claiming victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake of the Ozarks Camping

 This past weekend we went camping at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri with Tony and Shannon. We had a blast! The adventure started with a c...