Saturday, July 3, 2010

Graduation

This is Brenden (just under 2 years old)! It's so hard to believe how quickly he's grown up! It's hard for me to imagine that my little boy is going to turn 7 in a few short months.


Brenden's "graduation" from kindergarten was an event. It was hot, sticky and (to this teacher) poorly planned. BUT to this proud mama, I watched as my little boy marched out to Pomp and Circumstance, loudly sang America the Beautiful, recited the days of the week and the months of the year. Then he stepped forward and said that he wanted to be an airport security guard (thanks to the recent trip to Arizona) and an architect.


Can you believe that this is Brenden now?!! Here he is with his best friend Jakob.

In the day-to-day rush of things, my eldest boy often gets the least amount of time. He's independent enough that I don't have to give him every minute of every day. Right now I'd like to celebrate my first born. My son is extraordinary! He's smart, talented, and funny. He's a caring human being who often is overly sensitive. He loves fiercely and has an amazing imagination. He's learning where he wants to fit into this big wide world. He is often heard/seen playing with his little sister who adores him or rushing to help with his little brother. I have actually caught him doing laundry for my while I catch a few stolen moments to myself on the couch. He is ready to help whenever he can!

What he needs to be reminded of is that he is loved unconditionally! You see, Brenden and I are on an amazing journey together. He and I are learning to travel this road together. He's teaching me how to navigate this parenthood road. Together we're figuring it out and I couldn't ask for a better teacher. Because of Bren, I am a better parent.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for him to read this someday.

    Celebrating your sweet boy with you...with love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Lake of the Ozarks Camping

 This past weekend we went camping at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri with Tony and Shannon. We had a blast! The adventure started with a c...