Monday, May 10, 2010

My mom

You'd think that after 5 years I'd start getting used to the idea that my mom is not here with me. And that's just it, I won't ever get used to it. She was an incredible mother! She made moving almost every 2-3 years seem normal! She made life "normal" when dad was TDY. She made life go on as normal. BUT her normal was something exciting to me growing up. Normal meant getting lost to find out where we were, ice cream sundaes for dinner just because we could, and laughing because it felt good. Mom was at the center of our lives and we all revolved around her. She had an energy that was whole and good. She made me feel safe no matter what. She never judged me and always supported me. She was kind and generous to all around her. She taught me to trust myself. She taught me to stand my ground and not be afraid. She taught me that it's all going to be ok.

And she is missed...

2 comments:

  1. Your mother is with you every day; just read what you wrote. Your memories of her keep her alive. You were lucky, as was I with my mom. You will be the same for your children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is missed, indeed.

    I thought your mom was amazing as well; she was also great to me...very sensitive to my growing up without a "mother".

    She once gave me an elephant shaped basket full of Hershey Kisses...:).

    It's easy to see her in you...and that legacy is so important.

    Wishing your hurting heart comfort and continued remembrance of those fantastic memories.

    With love...

    ReplyDelete

Lake of the Ozarks Camping

 This past weekend we went camping at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri with Tony and Shannon. We had a blast! The adventure started with a c...