Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Our story


Troy and I met at college 16 years ago this August. Boy and girl meet at a BBQ, say few words and part ways. The next day however, I was yelling at the mail kiosk for not dispensing my change (while standing in a Florida rain) when Troy walked by. He claims to have said hello, but I was really involved with the machine and didn't hear him! He continued on his way but stopped and turned around to come to my aid. Now this is where I believe that something special took place because if you know Troy, this behavior is totally out of character. Normally he would have just kept on walking, but not that day. On this day he took the step forward (or backwards) to me. To be honest the rest of our conversation is a blur to me, but we learned that we both had the meal plan and decided it was safer to eat together instead of all alone. For the next 6 months, we ate dinner together. Our relationship was based on a strong friendship that blossomed into something deeper.
7 years after that fateful rainy afternoon, Troy asked me to marry him in the very spot where our friendship began. The kiosk is long gone, but the spot where our story began is still there. And so 16 years later, we stand with 3 amazing children and a love that is deep and true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lake of the Ozarks Camping

 This past weekend we went camping at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri with Tony and Shannon. We had a blast! The adventure started with a c...